Presently I have been working as a Senior Lecturer in the School of Science and Technology. I completed my PhD research in Image Processing System Architecture from King’s College London. I also completed PGCHE from Middlesex University. My MSc was in Digital Systems and BSc (Hons) was in Electrical and Electronic Engineering.
Research Interests and Activities
My current research interests are in the following areas: image processing applications, image retrieval in medical applications, speech and audio processing for hard of hearing people, use of alternative technology and renewable energy in developing countries, and ageing (elderly technology) and mobility issues in built environment.
Other research activities currently involve applications in the following areas: interference management in Femto-Macro LTE Cellular Network, perceptual video coding using Structural Similarity, image processing techniques to enhance and identify indoor images for navigation purpose in a built environment, diabetic retinopathy related problems, speech and audio processing applications, and efficient sign language communication over mobile phones.
- G. Joshi, J. Loo, P. Shah, S. Rahman, and A. Tasiran, Low complexity sub-block perceptual distortion assessment for mode decision and rate-control, IEEE International symposium on Broadband Multi-media System and Broadcasting (BMSB) 2015, Ghent, Belgium, 17-19 June, 2015 (accepted).
- Shahadate Rezvy, Shahedur Rahman, Aboubaker Lasebae, and Jonathan Loo, System Capacity Improvement by On Request Channel Allocation in LTE Cellular Network, The 15th IEEE International Conference on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks (WoWMoM 2014), Sydney, Australia, June 16-19, 2014.
- Shahadate Rezvy, Shahedur Rahman, Aboubaker Lasebae, and Jonathan Loo, Downlink Femto-Macro ICI Cancellation by On Request Channel Allocation in LTE Network, The 28th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA-2014), Victoria, Canada, May 13-16, 2014.
- Shahadate Rezvy, Shahedur Rahman, Aboubaker Lasebae, and Jonathan Loo, Interference Management in Two Tier Cellular Network, 48th Annual Conference on Information Sciences and Systems (CISS-2014), Princeton University, New Jersey, USA, March 19-21, 2014.
- Shahadate Rezvy, Shahedur Rahman, Aboubaker Lasebae, and Jonathan Loo, On Demand Based Frequency Allocation to Mitigate Interference in Femto-Macro LTE Cellular Network, Second International Conference on Future Generation Communication Technologies (FGCT- 2013), London, UK, December 12-14, 2013.
Webpage at: http://www.mdx.ac.uk/aboutus/staffdirectory/Shahedur_Rahman.aspx