SUIPING ZHOU is currently a Professor with the School of Science and Technology at Middlesex University. Before joining Middlesex University, he held academic positions at Teesside University (UK) and Nanyang Technological University (Singapore). He received his B.Eng., M.Eng. and Ph.D all in automatic control from Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (P.R. China). After his PhD study, he first worked as an engineer in Beijing Simulation Center, China Aerospace Corporation, and then joined Weizmann Institute of Science (Israel) as a Post-doctoral fellow.
His current research interests include: large-scale distributed interactive applications (e.g., MMOGs), parallel/distributed systems, and human behaviour representation in modeling and simulation. He has published over 100 peer reviewed articles in these areas.
Selected recent publications:
- Z.X. Li, W.T. Cai, X.Y. Tang, S.P. Zhou, “Loss-aware DR-based Update Scheduling for Improving Consistency and Fairness in DVEs”, Journal of Simulation, vol. 6, 2012, pp. 164-178.
- D.N.B. Ta, T. Nguyen, S.P. Zhou, X.Y. Tang, W.T. Cai, R. Ayani, “Interactivity-Constrained Server Provisioning in Large-Scale Distributed Virtual Environments”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 23, issue 2, 2012, pp. 304-312.
- D.N.B. Ta, S.P. Zhou, W.T. Cai, X.Y. Tang, R. Ayani, “Multi-Objective Zone Mapping in Large-Scale Distributed Virtual Environments”, Journal of Network and Computer Applications, vol. 34, no. 2, 2011, pp. 551-561.
- X.Y. Tang, S.P. Zhou, “Update Scheduling for Improving Consistency in Distributed Virtual Environments”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 21, no. 6, June, 2010, pp. 765-777.
- S.P. Zhou, W.T. Cai, S.J. Turner, B.S. Lee, J.H. Wei, “Critical Causal Order of Events in Distributed Virtual Environments”, ACM Transactions on Multimedia Computing, Communications, and Applications, vol. 3, no. 3, August, 2
Webpage at: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citationsuser=zhbtLUQAAAAJ&hl=en