Jonathan Loo (M’01) received the M.Sc. degree in electronics (with distinction) and the Ph.D. degree in electronics and communications from the University of Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire, U.K., in 1998 and 2003, respectively. Between 2003 and 2010, he was a Lecturer in multimedia communications at the School of Engineering and Design, Brunel University, Uxbridge, U.K. Since 2010, he has been an Associate Professor in Communication Networks with the School of Science and Technology, Middlesex University, London, U.K. He leads a research team in the area of communication and networking. His research interests include wireless communication, network architecture, communication protocols, wireless and mobile networks, network security, embedded systems, video coding and transmission, digital signal processing, and optical networks. He has successfully graduated 14 Ph.D. students and coauthored over 175 both journal and conference papers in the aforementioned specialist areas. He was the Lead Editor of the book Mobile Ad Hoc Networks: Current Status and Future Trends (CRC Press, November 2011). Dr. Loo has been an Associate Editor for Wiley International Journal of Communication Systems since 2011.
Selected recent publications
- J.M.Y. Lim, Y.C. Chang, Jonathan Loo, M.Y. Alias, “Improving VANET Performance with Heuristic and Adaptive Fuzzy Logic Scheme”, Springer Wireless Personal Communications, March 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11277-015-2476-1
- Y. Li, K.K. Chai, Y. Chen, and Jonathan Loo, “Duty cycle control with joint optimisation of delay and energy efficiency for capillary machine-to-machine networks in 5G communication system”, Wiley Transaction Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, Vol. 26 (1), pp. 56-69, January 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ett.2891
- Y.L. Lee, T.C. Chua, Jonathan Loo, A. Vinel, “Recent Advances in Radio Resource Management for Heterogeneous LTE / LTE-A Networks”, IEEE Communication Survey and Tutorial, pp. 1-39, June 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/COMST.2014.2326303
- V.M. Baskaran, Y.C. Chang, Jonathan Loo, K.S. Wong, “Design and implementation of parallel video combiner architecture for multi-user video conferencing at ultra-high definition resolution”, Springer Multimedia Tools and Applications, March 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11042-014-1907-4
- N. Lyamin, A. Vinel, M. Jonsson, Jonathan Loo, “Real-time detection of Denial-of-Service attacks in IEEE 802.11p vehicular networks”, IEEE Communications Letters, Vol. 18, Issue 1, pp. 110-113, January 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/LCOMM.2013.102213.132056
Web pages at: